Bremain in Spain is a forum for British migrants who have chosen to live in Spain, either full or part-time.
Our mission is to campaign for stronger ties with Europe and to protect the rights of UK nationals.
We believe in a tolerant, outward-looking and caring society which is best achieved by maintaining close ties with Europe and promoting European values.
We support the rights of EU citizens who have made a life in the UK, or who may wish to do so in future.
We believe that freedom of movement is a positive force for the health and wealth of the UK, Spain and the EU, and for their respective citizens, regardless of nationality.
We are actively campaigning on a number of initiatives and are helped by a team of highly-skilled and dedicated volunteers.
Some members may simply prefer to join discussions with like-minded people on our forum. We are dedicated to providing a reassuring, safe and supportive environment where people can share their views and concerns.
Bremain goals, aims & strategy
Updated following our Annual General Meeting – September 2023
- Re-join the European Union
- Campaign for single market/customs union membership
- Campaign for closer ties between the UK and the EU
- Hold the Government to account and expose the damage of Brexit
- Facilitate the full restoration of our voting rights
- Campaign to re-instate our rights as full EU citizens
- Strengthen relationships with EU institutions
- Protect the rights of UK nationals at home and abroad
- Campaign for overseas constituencies/MPs for UK nationals abroad
- Campaign for proportional representation and a progressive alliance
- Improve awareness of group aims in the UK, Spain and the EU
- Expand our network of EU/UK collaborators
- Increase our membership and followers on social media